Standard metal (65% Lead / 2% Antimony / 33% Tin) is the cheapest metal available. We recommend that you vent the moulds if you use Standard Metal.
Standard metal melts at 210°C (410°F). Ingot length is approximately 122 mm. Width is approximately 25mm.
Cast at 320-340°C.
Standard Metal Safety Data Sheet.
Shipping Notice: Due to problems with Australian airport security repeatedly returning metal, Please ONLY use TNT shipping options for Australia.
Please contact northernsmelters instead if you want to source this metal in Australia.
- Collectors’ items not suitable as a toy.
- Adult supervision recommended for children under the age of 16.
- Hot metal will burn if touched or spilled.
- Cover the working surface with paper or hard board.
- Do not leave a ladle with molten metal unattended
- Do not overheat the metal with a gas flame.
- Standard and Model metal contains lead which may be harmful if swallowed or chewed.
- Do not smoke while working with the castings.
- Wash hands after using kits and clear up waste material.
- Keep away from food and do not snack or eat during handling of metal.
- Prolonged exposure to lead can be harmful.
- Never cool the metal or moulds with water.
- Dispose of waste according to local regulations