This set of three double moulds which cast the six pieces required to make a complete chess set side: King, Queen, Bishop, Knight, Rook, Pawn. You will require about 18 bars of metal to complete a full chess set. Chess Painting Guide (PDF).
A chess set from the realms of High Fantasy. Enter mythic reality and play out the archetypal struggle, as noble kings, glorious warrior queens, mighty wizards and their loyal allies battle the Ancient enemy and his malicious minions.
It is your decision whether you side with the forces of good or evil. The struggle between dark and light can be replayed, as it is in life, over and over again. Don't assume that the outcome will be ever the same twice. It is your part to steer destiny!
|Height of pieces in mm|
Get Additional Fantasy Chess Pawns moulds to save you time.
- In addition to filing off any flash from the figure, the bottom should be flattened where the ingate was removed.
- Wash the figure in warm soapy water in preparation for painting.
- Prime the pieces with a black undercoat as many of the colours are dark. Allow 24 hours to dry.
- Paint as supplied is usually too thick. Thin with the appropriate thinners until it covers the areas touched by the brush but does not spread to other areas.
- Dry brushing is used to give large areas a subtle blended effects blending the black undercoat with a colour on raised areas. This is also used to add highlights to raised areas giving the look of more depth and animation. Washing is used to add a colour mainly to the foulds.
- We recommend that you give the figures a coat of either matt or gloss varnish.