This Fairy & Fairy Door Family Craft Kit contains a huge amount of equipment to help you quickly start your hobby within minutes. The Fairy mould allows you to cast hundreds of times and has two different fairies in it. The metal is pewter, which is lead-free. This metal can take a little longer to cast than Model Metal, but it is preferred if smaller children wish to handle the resulting unpainted metal figures afterwards.
The contents of this kit include the following:
- Fairy mould.
- Casting Ladle. Add a second here.
- Support bands (thick elastic).
- Support boards (2).
- Enough pewter pellets to cast seven fairies. More 5 Star Pewter here.
- Magic Fairy Dust (release agent). More available here.
- 11 tubs of acrylic paint (3 ml each). More paint here.
- 1 tub of primer paint (3 ml). More Primer available here.
- 2 different types of synthetic paint brushes. One flat end for easy coverage of figure and one pointed for detail work.
- Fairy Contract, which helps you give your fairy a name and know what to do to keep the fairy happy.
- Fairy Door (wooden). A beautifully designed door that you can place in your room to make the fairy feel at home. Design may vary.
- Wooden stirrer stick (to stir the metal and test its temperature.
- Fairy Door decoration stickers. They are self adhesive, just peel away the backing paper and adhere to door.
Useful additional tools are available here.
Casting and Priming Instructions (pdf)
It is suitable for all children over 6 years old, however casting the figures does require adult supervision unless you are over 14 years old.
Notice: Hot metal is not a toy. Never cool mould with water. Always allow at least 5 minutes for metal to cool before attempting to open mould.